JOIN OUR FUZZY TEAMFuzzy Goat is a small independent woman owned business that offers a fun, creative, collaborative work environment.
Do you want to be a part of selecting yarns or colors we stock, planning knitting projects for excited customers, or planning events for happy people?
Fuzzy Goat is seeking a part-time (9-14 hours a week) Associate to join our team. The Associate will be responsible for assisting customers in choosing their next knitting or crochet project & also troubleshooting their challenges in completing the project. This position reports directly to the shop owner. Current schedule is Wednesday or Thursday 4 hours, and every Saturday 11-4. Sunday afternoons are an optional add-on in the near future. Plus Black Friday
APPLY IF YOU ARE
- Friendly, outgoing & a great listener
- Thrilled with pairing a customer with their perfect project
- Great at multi-tasking & planning events
- Knowledgeable about knitting &/or crochet, yarn & pattern terms
- Passionate about good yarn
- Inspired by being a team player
- Independent, mature individual who can establish & set your own priorities, make work plans & execute them with efficiency & speed with little to no day-to-day direction or support
- Prepared to work weekends & some evenings
- A Non-smoker (because of the nature of the fiber)
JOB TASKS INCLUDE
- Assisting customers in the selection of yarn, projects & tools
- Troubleshooting customer’s challenges in working their project
- Labeling & restocking inventory
- Working accurately with our Point-of-Sale system
- Maintaining a clean & tidy store
- Maintaining the shop’s Ravelry page
- Working/Planning Festival events
- Planning the 1st Friday Knit-a-long project
- Suggestions for promotions based on sales information
- Ability to teach knitting classes is a plus
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT FUZZY GOAT INCLUDE
a fun place to work with fabulous customers, generous employee discounts, part-time scheduling, a creative & friendly environment
Please send your resume and cover letter to Cadence Kidwell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include 2 references who can speak to the 2nd set of bullets.
Please include your Ravelry name & Instagram ID if you have them.