Saturday, November 18th from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 3 Alpine: starting to climb, confident in knitting and purling and finished a few projects
Skills you need:
- Cast on
- Knit in the round
- How to read a pattern
Skills you’ll learn:
- How to slip stitches to create gorgeous, but simple, color work detailing
- How to attach a second color.
- Spincycle Yarns, Dyed In The Wool [sport weight; 200 yards per skein]; 1 skein for main color (MC) and 1 skein for contrast color (CC)
- US 6 24″ circular needles
- Stitch markers
- Purchase pattern Clementine by Rachel Price & Kate Burge Hannifin (you can come to the shop to purchase the pattern through Ravelry in-store purchasing and have your pattern included in the class supply discount. We will print it for you too.)
Preparation: cast on 176 stitches; join in the round; knit one inch of 2×2 ribbing in the contrasting color.
Carolina Kidwell-Bozeman loves playing with fiber in all forms. There is nothing more satisfying to her than spreading the therapeutic, creative and joyous qualities inherent in knitting. Carolina has been knitting since the age of 9, and picked it back up in college where she benefited from the meditative process of knitting instead of focusing only finishing the project. In her own knitting she embraces playing with color and texture when choosing a pattern.