Saturday, November 18th from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
A lovely striped bandana shawl with a little added texture. Knit with dk weight, but easily adaptable to suit other weights. Use 2 or 3 colors.
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 3 Alpine: starting to climb, confident in knitting and purling and finished a few projects
Skills you need:
- Comfortable with knitting and purling
- Can follow a written pattern (not charted)
- Know how to bind off
- Have completed several projects
Skills you will learn:
- Making eyelets using yarn overs
- Making stripes with 2 colors
- Increases using ’make 1’ technique
- Passing slipped stitch over other stitches
- 2 skeins of DK or Sport weight yarn with at least 250 yards per color (Note: if you would like to make the garter edge in a 3rd color, you will need 100 yards of the same weight yarn). Our sample is made with Copper Corgi Ogeechee Sport.
- Size 7 needles for Sport weight yarn or size 8 for DK weight in 32” or longer circular.
- 2 stitch markers
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
- Purchase pattern Great Divide Shawl by Michele Brown (you can come to the shop to purchase the pattern through Ravelry in-store purchasing and have your pattern included in the class supply discount. We will print it for you too.)
Susan Johnson has been knitting since she was a teenager. She is always looking for projects where a new skill or technique is learned. In her day job she provides training for a software company. Teaching knitting classes allows her to combine her training experience with her love of knitting. She is a huge Ravelry fan, where you can find her as SusanJ.