Brioche Cowl: The Big EasyRegular price $50.00
This is an in-person class at Fuzzy Goat! Please review our covid policies below and other class policies before enrolling. Adults only please
Meet The Big Easy. And it really is truly easy. The simple truth is the easiest way to learn brioche is in the round, and with this stitch it doesn’t take a crazy amount of effort to get a stunning product. Pick the right yarns and let them do all the work! Grab two skeins of Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Bulky (or a bulky weight yarn of your choice) and you can master the brioche stitch in no time. By the end, you’ll have an awesome, squishy cowl and all the tools you’ll need to tackle more advanced projects!
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 4 (Pygora): Brioche can be tricky to learn. So for this class we recommend that you are very comfortable knitting, purling, casting on/binding off, and can have made a few projects by reading patterns. It would also help a lot if you have knit in the round.
Skills you need:
- Cable Cast On
- How to join/knit in the round
- Knitting two stitches together (k2tog)
- Purling two stitches together (p2tog)
- Yarn Over (YO)
Skills you’ll learn:
- Brioche Knit (brk)
- Brioche Purl (brp)
- How to knit brioche in the round
- Two highly contrasting skeins of bulky weight yarn (the higher the contrast, the easier to knit for a beginner)
- 200-400 yds bulky weight (200 will get you a tight against the neck cowl, 400 will get you a longer cowl that can be doubled up for extra warmth) We suggest Neighborhood Fiber Company’s Studio Bulky or Dragonfly Fibers Super Traveller.
- US 11 16″ (24″ if you’re going for the longer 400yd cowl)
- 1 closed stitch marker to mark beginning of round
- The Big Easy pattern by MollyGirl Yarn
- Suggested: Mini tool Brioche Basics
- Cast on desired length (78 or 165), join for knitting in the round, and purl one round with your Main Color (the color you cast on in )
IN-SHOP CLASS COVID POLICIES
We require that students be fully vaccinated by the start of class (2 weeks after J&J or 2 weeks after the second shot for Moderna and Pfizer). We are not requiring proof be presented but strongly request respect of and compliance with our policy. Masks may be required - we monitor our community covid case rate daily.