Building in Color ClassRegular price $30.00
This is an in-person class at Fuzzy Goat! Please review our covid policies below and other class policies before enrolling
Third Saturdays from 11:30-12:30
Building in Color is the perfect project to enhance your knitting skills by learning how to work with multiple colors of yarn. This series will teach you 10 color-work skills while making a beautiful blanket. Even if you don't want to make the whole blanket, you can make a pillow while learning the colorwork skill.
Time: One 1-hour class; enroll in these individually at $30.00 each.
Level 2 Angora: ready to add to your staple skills, have been practicing knitting and purling or chaining and ready to read a pattern
Skills you need:
- Long-tail cast-on (or come by before class for a quick lesson). Here’s a from our friends at Wool and the Gang
- A sense of adventure!
Skills you will learn:
- A variety of new stitches!
- 2,880 yards of worsted weight yarn in 3 different colors. Six skeins (960 yards) per color.
- You want colors that will contrast. Select a light, medium, and dark color to achieve desired contrast.
- US 8-10 needles
- Stitch markers
- Building in Color Book, by Michelle Hunter
- You will get to the fun stuff quicker if you have cast on the panel as specified in the book.
Ladanya Ramirez Surmeier first learned to knit with a friend, but only knew the two main stitches for many years. After taking the Building Blocks series she gained the confidence to take on more challenging projects. She loves knitting lace patterns because they are nice and airy. She is making sweaters now!
IN-SHOP CLASS COVID POLICIES
Masks in class are required due to close proximity of everyone at the class table.