Favorite Ribbed CapRegular price $50.00
This is an in-person class at Fuzzy Goat! Adults only please
Can't make the class? Grab the yarn & pattern!
A quick knit ribbed hat that stretches for lots of sizes. The hand-dyed chunky yarn is soft and warm and is available in a range of beautiful self striping colorways. This hat pattern is one of the unusual ones that doesn't require double point needles up at the top or a different size needles for the ribbing. You can easily finish this as a quick gift!
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 2 Angora: ready to add to your staple skills, have been practicing knitting and finished a few projects
Skills you need:
- Knit and purl
- Casting on
Skills you will learn:
- How to knit in the round (and tips for not twisting)
- Following a pattern
- Ribbing 2 x 2
- Decreasing in the round
- Purl two together
- Knit two together
- Optional: Making a pompom
- Bulky weight yarn – 66 yards
- the pattern was written for, and our sample is in, Urth Koozoo, a fun self striping yarn
- US 13 16" Needles
- Favorite Ribbed Cap by Laurie Kimmelstiel
- Other notions: Row counter, tapestry needle stitch markers, highlighter tape, point protectors (recommended).
- Optional: pompom maker
Melissa Johnson is your Yarnista helping you plan your projects, texting you back & taking your phone orders! Melissa is an avid knitter, especially of sweaters (tennis & bridge player too). She taught herself to knit when she was living in Rhode Island right after college. She has three kids that keep her busy so we are very fortunate to have her serving alongside us!