JOIN OUR FUZZY TEAMFuzzy Goat is a small independent woman owned business that offers a fun, creative, collaborative work environment.
Do you want to be a part of creating whimsy & community for excited customers?
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic applicant to join our team as our Social Media Maven! The Social Media Maven will be expected to work 10 hours per week, and will report to the Proprietress, Cadence Kidwell. Current schedule includes Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Plus Special Events Additional sales hours may be available depending upon the successful applicant.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE:
- Preferably with degree in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism
- Who is comfortable representing our brand online
- Who is comfortable with managing our social media accounts
- Who is willing to learn, we have great up-to-the minute social media training programs
- With a passion for our products and customers
- Who can work easily with our team to project the right messages
- Prepared to work weekends & some evenings
- A non-smoker (because of the nature of the fiber)
- It’s super great if you are also:
- Knowledgeable about knitting &/or crochet, yarn & pattern terms
- Passionate about good yarn
THE MAIN FOCUSES OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA MAVEN WILL BE:
- Generating online and offline foot traffic through social campaigns, ads and effective posting strategies
- Tracking this traffic and exploring opportunities for growth
- Growing and managing our email and/or cell phone lists through social campaigns, ads and effective posting strategies
- Keeping our business ahead by staying on top of trends and changes, and thinking outside of the box when it comes to standing out and effectively using digital tools
- Fully owning and managing our social media accounts and online brand
- Increasing brand awareness through consistent language, graphics, claiming and optimizing
- Increasing store exposure online through consistent posting, responding and relationship building
AT TIMES THE SOCIAL MEDIA MAVEN MAY ALSO BE EXPECTED TO:
- Manage, grow and increase effectiveness of:
- Email marketing efforts
- Mobile marketing efforts
- Other advertising channels
- Work on a public relations plan to get press for the business
- Manage the creation of graphics
Our social media manager will meet with the Proprietress weekly to go over progress and goals, and will be expected to present social media and email analytics monthly.
At Fuzzy Goat, we’ve created a culture of whimsy, inclusiveness and community. Our core values are:
- To drive as much value into the world as we can by being useful and creating an experience
- The customer is at the center of every business decision
- To surround our customers with support, inspiration and the tools they need
- We act from a place of humility, hard work and service to bring the most value to our customers’ lives
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT FUZZY GOAT INCLUDE
a fun place to work with fabulous customers,
generous employee discounts, part-time scheduling,
a creative & friendly environment
Please send your resume and cover letter to Cadence Kidwell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your resume, please include 2 references who can speak to the 2nd set of bullets.
In your cover letter, please answer these 3 questions:
- What is one thing you would do to support our goal of more foot traffic, that is not a sale or a scheduled event?
- Describe how you design/blog/run events/know photography?
- Describe how familiar you are with reporting statistics?
Please include your Ravelry name & Instagram ID if you have them.
AND send a video of why YOU would be great at this job via Instagram’s direct message to @fuzzy_goat