Saturday, December 14th from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
February Beanie with easy ribbed pattern will keep you happy and warm for the chilly days. This beanie is knit from the brim up in delicious sport weight yarn. Finished measurements: 18 (20, 22)” circumference at brim and 14” long.
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 3 Alpine: starting to climb, confident in knitting and purling and finished a few projects
Skills you need (these are essential for everyone to have the best class experience):
- Be able to recognize knit and purl stitches on the needle
- Knit in the round
Skills you will learn:
- Tubular cast on
- S2kp2 (centered double decrease)
- Sport weight yarn, approx. 280 (320, 380) yards
- Needles: US 2 circular needle, 16” long and dpns (double point needles)
- Stitch marker and locking stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking aids
- Veera Välimäki’s pattern: February Beanie
- small stitch markers (Susan likes the Coco knits markers the best, she used them to mark every 20 st during cast on so she didn’t have to count them over and over…)
- Bring leftover yarn in DK or Worsted weight and size 7 or 8 straight needles for practicing the Long Tail Tubular cast on. We will use this same swatch to practice the S2kp2 double decrease.
- Optional: If you have size 2 or 3 straight needles, please bring them to use for the hat cast on. If not available, use the size 2 16” circular or a size 3 circular (any length) if you have it.
Susan Johnson has been knitting since she was a teenager. She is always looking for projects where a new skill or technique is learned. In her day job she provides training for a software company. Teaching knitting classes allows her to combine her training experience with her love of knitting. She is a huge Ravelry fan, where you can find her as SusanJ.