***day, October *th ** – *pm
Garter and brioche works up gorgeously in either Sport or DK weight yarn and using 3 to 4 colors for a deliciously squishy shawl to wrap up in. Nothing is more plump for squishing and wrapping up in then brioche and garter! Learn the next step in brioche, you will love knitting with two colors at once, we do!
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 5 (Cashmere): ready to add expert techniques, able to tangle with advance techniques. This is for students who have already knit a brioche piece in the round.
Skills you need:
- Increasing and decreasing in regular knitting and purling
- Brioche Knit (brk) and Brioche Purl (brp) in the round
- Yarn Over (YO)
- Using a lifeline
Skills you’ll learn:
- Brioche Increases and Decreases
- Sliding stitches
- Sport Weight (3 colors) A – 312 yards, B – 330 yards, 300 yards
- DK Weight (4 colors) A – 247 yards, B – 375 yards, C -175 yards, D – 246 yards
- US 5 or 7 32″
- Plumpy by Andrea Mowry
- Suggested: Mini tool Brioche Basics and Brioche Increases & Decreases
- Knit Section One, on row 3 of the last repeat, put in a lifeline and finish that last row. This way you will be ready to start the brioche and when you need to back out as you’re learning brioche your Section One will be safe (and with it one row before the end, the lifeline won’t be in your way as you learn brioche).
Sarah Ondocsin: ***