Tuesday, May 21st from 5:30-6:30pm
“Building Blocks” is a series of fun patterns that will build your knitting skills. Starting with simple knit and purl stitches, your confidence will grow as you progress through several major knitting principles. Each block focuses on new stitches and techniques that build up your skills in a rewarding and beautiful way!
This Session: Slip Stitch!
You are welcome to join the series in any month, however they do get more challenging as they progress.
At the end of the series, the knitter is rewarded with an abundance of knitting know-how and beautiful squares to assemble into a sampler afghan, baby blanket, pillows or anything limited only by your imagination! You can make just one block and build a blanket around it or make a single pillow.
Time: One 1-hour class; enroll in these individually at $24.00 each.
Level 2 Angora: ready to add to your staple skills, have been practicing knitting and purling or chaining and ready to read a pattern
Skills you need:
- Very comfortable with Knit and Purl and reading your knitting at least enough to do seed stitch on your own
- Long-tail cast-on (or come by before class for a quick lesson). Here’s a video tutorial from our friends at Wool and the Gang
- A sense of adventure!
Skills you will learn:
- A variety of new stitches!
- Worsted weight yarn, we recommend Spud & Chloe’s Sweater or Blue Sky Fibers Organic Cotton Worsted for washability, or Stonehedge Fibers Shepherd’s Wool for a classic afghan.
- US 8-10 needles
- Stitch markers
- Building Blocks, by Michelle Hunter
- You will get to the fun stuff quicker if you have cast on (using the long-tail cast on) and knitted your seed stitch border as specified in the book.
Tiffany Evitts started knitting about three years ago, inspired to create knitwear during a winter in New Jersey. While it started out of necessity, it was soon a full-blown obsession, which led to her working here at Fuzzy Goat and consuming every bit of knitting and fiber knowledge possible!