Sunday, May 19th from 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Here is a little sampler of the Butterfly/Papillon Shawl pattern, created to make a beautiful little piece and dip your toes into the techniques of a larger project of the magnificent Papillon Shawl. You’ll learn how to master the pattern and the short rows to make this work of art your own.
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 5 Cashmere: ready to add expert techniques, able to tangle with advanced techniques
Skills you need (these are essential for everyone to have the best class experience):
- Knit and Purl
- Reading a pattern
- Make one right and left
- Using more than one color in a project
- Cast on, bind off
Skills you will learn:
- Short Rows
- Striping yarns
- Following a pattern with many different steps
- 100 yards of one color and 80 yards of contrast color in Fingering Weight
- Our sample used Urth Yarns Uneek Sock Kit and 1 Dragonfly Fingering
- Needles US 2, 24″ (tight knitters should use a needle a size or two larger)
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Row counter.
- Purchase pattern Butterfly Cowl by Marin Melchior (you can come to the shop to purchase the pattern through Ravelry in-store purchasing and have your pattern included in the class supply discount. We will print it for you too)
Barbara Beliveau learned to knit at age 5 and has been happily exploring fiber arts ever since. She is currently addicted to lace knitting and spinning fiber for SAORI style weaving but always has time for intriguing projects.