Saturday, February 2nd from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 2 Angora: ready to add to your staple skills, have been practicing knitting and purling and ready to read a pattern
Skills you need:
- Confidently Knit and Purl
Skills you will learn:
- How to avoid mistakes by:
- Reading pattern through before starting
- Making a swatch
- Testing techniques
- Sketching a plan or flow chart
How to fix errors by:
- Frogging aka ripping out
- Tinking aka undoing a stitch at a time
- Picking up a dropped stitch
- Correcting a wrong stitch.
- Ideally, use Light colored worsted weight yarn & a US 8 needles.
Also bring with you:
- Crochet hook
- Dental floss
- Tapestry needle
Preparation (so that you can get the most from the class) Practice looking at your stitches. Cast on 20 stitches and work as follows:
Knit 4 rows.
Work 4 rows in Stockinette.
Next row: Work k1, (k2tog) 9 times, k1.
Next row: Purl across.
Next row: k1, (yo, k1) 10 times
Next row: purl
Bind off in knit.
Notice how each new procedure produces a different stitch.
Also Knit the following swatches. Do not bind off but cut the yarn leaving a 2 yard tail and slip to a holder or spare circular needle. You should leave enough yarn to work 2 additional rows plus a bit extra.
- Swatch 1. Cast on 20 stitches and work 10 rows in stockinette stitch (knit 1 row, purl 1 row).
- Swatch 2. Cast on 20 stitches and work 10 rows in ribbing (knit 2, purl 2 across every row).
- Swatch 3. Cast on 20 stitches and work 10 rows in garter stitch (knit every row).
Barbara Beliveau learned to knit at age 5 and has been happily exploring fiber arts ever since. She is currently addicted to lace knitting and spinning fiber for SAORI style weaving but always has time for intriguing projects.