Saturday, February 2nd from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
This shawl was created to be your favorite shawl pattern! Really relaxing garter stitch with engaging eyelet rows and endless color possibilities. It would be gorgeous knit up in one color, but you can just as easily use 20! The shawl is light weight and perfect year round when knit up in fingering weight yarn, but don’t let that stop you from knitting it up in any yarn weight you prefer to the size of your choosing
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 3 Alpine: starting to climb, confident in knitting and purling and finished a few projects
Skills you need (these are essential for everyone to have the best class experience):
- Knit and Purl
- Reading a pattern
- Cast on, bind off
Skills you will learn:
- Yarn over (triple-yo)
- Knit into front, then into back, then into front again to make 2-st increase (k1-f/b/f)
- Picot bind-off
- Color fading
- Fingering Weight – Color A: 200 yds, Color B: 400 yds; Color C: 400 yds
- Needles US 4, 32″
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Row counter.
- Purchase pattern Free Your Fade by Andrea Mowry (you can come to the shop to purchase the pattern through Ravelry in-store purchasing and have your pattern included in the class supply discount. We will print it for you too. We also have professionally printed patterns too)
Preparation (so that you can get the most from the class):
- create a swatch before coming to class: Cast on 20 stitches using fingering weight yarn with size 4 circular needles. If you have a spare ball of leftover yarn please use that. If you don’t have leftovers, use the yarn that you plan to use first (color A). Knit 10 rows of garter stitch (knit every row) and leave stitches on the needle. Bring this to class.
Susan Johnson has been knitting since she was a teenager. She is always looking for projects where a new skill or technique is learned. In her day job she provides training for a software company. Teaching knitting classes allows her to combine her training experience with her love of knitting. She is a huge Ravelry fan, where you can find her as SusanJ.