Saturday, March 23rd from 2:00 – 4:00pm
With two colors of sport weight yarn, this shawl uses stripes and a slipped stitch pattern, mirroring each half. Christopher Salas designed the pattern to represent the contrast between day and night.
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 3 Alpine: starting to climb, confident in knitting and purling and finished a few projects
Skills you need:
- comfortable with knitting & purling
- casting on
- Have followed at least one pattern
Skills you’ll learn:
- Two skeins of Sport weight, Color A: 301 yards, Color B: 328 yards
- David’s sample used Manos del Uruguay’s Clara
- US 5 30+” Circular needles
- stitch marker
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
- Purchase pattern Night Shift by Christopher Salas (you can come to the shop to purchase the pattern and have your pattern included in the class supply discount. We will print it for you too)
David Maddox was taught to knit by our own Carolina after years of crocheting. He now knits and crochets all manner of projects. David & his wife Katherine, own & operate Tiger-Rock Martial Arts located in Thomasville (as well as knit and crochet together).