Saturday, January 20th from 4:45 – 6:45 pm
This shawl is such a fun and interesting knit! And it looks more difficult than it is, so be prepared to receive lots of compliments when you wear it. It would make a fabulous gift, as well, since it knits up pretty quickly in a worsted or bulky-weight yarn. It is also fairly easily adaptable to another weight, if desired.
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 2 (Angora) – 3 (Alpine): In order to make the most of this class, you should be very comfortable knitting and purling, and ideally you would have followed a pattern before. We only need to cast on a few stitches for this pattern, so if you aren’t totally comfortable with casting on yet, that’s okay!
Skills you need:
- Cast on
- Knit & Purl
Skills you’ll learn:
- yarn over (yo)
knit two together (k2tog)
- read a chart
- long-tail or cable/knitted cast-on
- picot bind-off
- Woolfolk Far, Sew Happy Jane DK or approx. 620-660yds of DK yarn. A bulky or worsted-weight yarn on different needles could also be used, to make it thicker, smaller, etc, depending on what you what!
- US9 32″-40″ circular needles
- Over the Sea to Skye pattern, by Kalurah Hudson (we can also buy & print it for you in-store)
- row counter
- highlighter tape (recommended)
- a skein of practice yarn in the same weight; or you can use the yarn you buy for the project
Tiffany Evitts started knitting about a year and a half ago, inspired to create knitwear during a winter in New Jersey. While it started out of necessity, it was soon a full-blown obsession, which led to her working here at Fuzzy Goat and consuming every bit of knitting and fiber knowledge possible!