Saturday, February 23rd from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
You’ve seen this shawl in Fuzzy Goat! Now we’re ready to teach you how to make your own. You’ll learn how to master the pattern and the short rows to make this work of art your own.
Time: One 2-hour class
Level 5 Cashmere: ready to add expert techniques, able to tangle with advance techniques
Skills you need (these are essential for everyone to have the best class experience):
- Knit and Purl
- Reading a pattern
- Make one right and left
- Using more than one color in a project
- Cast on, bind off
Skills you will learn:
- Short Rows
- Striping yarns
- Following a pattern with many different steps
- 762 yards of one color and 420 yards of contrast color in Fingering Weight
- Our sample used 2 skeins of Urth Yarns Uneek Fingering and 1 skein of Urth Yarns Harvest Fingering
- Needles US 4, 32″
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Row counter.
- Purchase pattern Butterfly / Papillion by Marin Melchior (you can come to the shop to purchase the pattern through Ravelry in-store purchasing and have your pattern included in the class supply discount. We will print it for you too)
Preparation (so that you can get the most from the class):
- Read pages 3 and 4 of the pattern
- swatch so that you can feel confident that the size 4 needles will give you the correct gauge
Barbara Beliveau learned to knit at age 5 and has been happily exploring fiber arts ever since. She is currently addicted to lace knitting and spinning fiber for SAORI style weaving but always has time for intriguing projects.