Saturday, August 24th from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Time: One 2-hour class
This cropped tee is perfect for layering through all the seasons! We’re knitting our Fuzzy Goat sample in linen for a summer version and a 100% wool or silk blend would be beautiful for a warmer crop. The stitch pattern is just engaging enough so that you don’t want to set it down! This top is knit in the round and from the bottom up. We will practice the stitches in this top before you cast on and get started.
Level 4 Pygora: ready to hybridize, able to knit and purl, knit in the round and increase and decrease in knitting
Skills you need:
Knit in the round
- Comfortable with reading charts
Skills you’ll learn:
- Twisted German Cast On
- Twisted stitches
- Slipped Stitches
- Three-Needle Bind Off (demonstrated)
Main Color (550-1370 yards)
Contrast Color 1 (242-589 yards)
Contrast Color 2 (52-125 yards)
- Bring three colors to practice with
- Main Fabric: US 3 32” – 40” circular AND preferred needles for small circumference knitting (9″ circular, Magic Loop, DPNs), plus a spare needle for the 3 needle bind off.
- Ribbing: US 2 32” – 40” circular
- (Use the needle size you need to achieve gauge.)
- Stitch marker
- row counter (recommended),
- waste yarn or stitch holders
- Purchase and download pattern: Vellichor by Andrea Mowry (or we can do that for you at the shop and include it in your class discount)
Jasmin Tripathy first discovered her passion for knitting right here at Fuzzy Goat. Jasmin took a Learn to Knit class and the rest was history. She says; “Cadence and Carolina helped me work through the most complex of patterns to the point that I now help designers perfect their patterns. Knitting has helped me relieve stress, work through anxieties and make friends I would never thought I would have. I love playing with different colors and techniques and breaking the stereotype surrounding our fiber world.” Jasmin is studying Operations and Information Management with a minor in Information Technology at University of Massachusetts Amherst.