Building in Color Class, Jan 16, 11:30-12:30Regular price $28.00
This is a virtual class on ZOOM! Sign up with enough time for us to send you your materials.
Third Saturdays from 11:30-12:30
Building in Color is the perfect project to enhance your knitting skills by learning how to work with multiple colors of yarn. This series will teach you 10 color-work skills while making a beautiful blanket. Even if you don't want to make the whole blanket, you can make a pillow while learning the colorwork skill.
Time: One 1-hour class; enroll in these individually at $28.00 each
Level 3 Alpine: starting to climb, confident in knitting and purling and finished a few patterned projects
Skills you need:
- Able to read a pattern
- A sense of adventure!
Skills you will learn:
- A variety of new stitches!
- Worsted weight yarn, we recommend Spud & Chloe’s Sweater for washability, or Stonehedge Fibers Shepherd’s Wool for a classic afghan.
- 2,880 yards) of worsted weight yarn in 3 different colors. Six skeins (960 yards) per color.
- You want colors that will contrast. Select a light, medium, and dark color to achieve desired contrast.
- US 8-10 needles
- Building in Color Book, by Michelle Hunter
- You will get to the fun stuff quicker if you have cast on (using the long-tail cast on) as specified in the book.
Ladanya Ramirez Surmeier first learned to knit with a friend, but only knew the two main stitches for many years. After taking the Building Blocks series she gained the confidence to take on more challenging projects. She loves knitting lace patterns because they are nice and airy. She is making sweaters now!