If you want to give handmade this year, now is definitely the time to cast on (or else you'll be stuck giving January ...or July... presents - which still makes for a special gift, but just isn't quite the same as a holiday gift).
Shop & make in November = time for an easy and festive December (sounds pretty nice to us!).
Projects go quicker when everything's picked out & ready to go for you! Plus we have lots of options designed to feel approachable rather than overhwhelming.
OR if you have a friend who loves to knit - give the gift of a new project!
If none of these are catching your eye, you can also shop all our project kits here.
- 27 Color Snood Kit - difficulty level = adventurous beginner so a great gateway project for a new knitting friend
- Tamdou Shawl - for the person in your life who isn't afraid of adding a funky dose of color to their style!
- Urth Uneek Sock Kit - Socks make great stocking stuffers!
- Ikigai Rainbow Pillow - not just for baby rooms, add a little rainbow pride to your space!
- Express Yourself Sweater Kits - bulky yarn so even though it's a sweater, it'll go quickly! (Maybe the only kind of sweater you'll have time to get to!)
Hats are great gift knits because you'll have less issues with sizing and they're quick!
- Rooftop Hat - reindeer AND snowflakes, oh my!
- Pixie Hat Kit - Bulky, also designed to be done in an afternoon or two
- Baah Yarn Bulky Hat Kits - Pooling yarn in a hat! A great gender neutral option + a fun pom pom!
- 21 Color Slouch or Aspen Slouch Hat Kit - Blue Sky Fibers is a go-to for hat knitting - the Aspen Slouch comes with enough tweed to make two hats in opposing color combos!
- Pair soft, bulky, machine washable Maximo yarn from Pascuali + a good pattern + a POM POM!
Melissa has been known to give handmade dishcloths the last few holiday seasons & highly recommends it. They are also easy to pair with soap or a candle to add a luxurious touch to a self-care themed gift.
- Pair an Easy Knit Dishcloth Book (Crochet version too!) with a sport yarn (Pascuali Cumbria is a cotton/bamboo blend that's silky and soft!)
- OR buy a couple of our already made Spa Cloths, handknit for us by a friend of the shop
Who doesn't love an heirloom quality gift for a new baby, especially one that has been handmade? SO heartwarming!
- Appalachian Cotton Baby Kits - make a bear cardigan or a patchwork style baby blanket, both shop staples
- Danish Knitted Toys - sweetest handmade toys!
- Faux Taxidermy Kits - foxes & deer fit for a woodland nursery, unicorns for the unicorn obsessed
One Skein Wonders
Here's a few yarn + pattern pairings we recommend often in the shop (like a wine flight but...yarn!) for if you're looking to snag one skein and knit something up fast.
Grab --> to make:
- Emma's Yarn Hella Hank ---> Midori Hirose's Ranunculus Sweater (fingering weight) *one 600 yd skein makes up to a size 7 short-sleeved
- Copper Corgi Savannah Sock ---> Noora Backlund's Reyna Shawl (fingering weight)
- 29 Bridges Studio Merino DK OR Polka Dot Sheep Stumptown DK ---> Cadence Kidwell's Crescent City Shawl (DK weight)
- Manos del Uruguay Fino ---> Joji Locatelli's Lone Skein Shawl (light fingering weight)
- Farmer's Daughter Foxy Lady ---> Kitman Figueroa's Sprout Shawl (check yardage on this one - Cadence was cutting it close with one skein! Light fingering)
- Copper Corgi Shoreline Silk ---> Janina Kallio's Gossamer Shawl (fingering weight)
We hope you found plenty of knitting inspiration! Happy making!!
xx The Fuzzy Goat Team
P.S. Keep an eye out for a part two full of gifts you don't have to knit in order to give!