Fuzzy Holiday Gift Guide 2022
Be sure and check out our shopable Holiday Gift Collections!
We promise it truly isn't too early to start mulling over your holiday shopping especially if, like us, you plan to give handmade this year! Shop & make in November = time for an easy and festive December (sounds pretty nice to us!).
Here's our inspiration for great gift projects, gifts we think your fellow knitter friends would enjoy (or that you as a knitter can ask for for yourself), as well as some ready-to-go gifts for the people you want to buy for, but might not have time to knit for during this busy season.
For the Knit-Worthy
Manageable projects we recommend knitting for the special knit-worthy people in your life.
Bulky hats - perfect for cool weather and it's quick!!
- Pixie Hat Kit
- Includes the pattern + a skein of Daisy Chain
- Can be done in an afternoon!
- Pair one of these Faux Fur Pom Poms + one skein of bulky Franca or Koozoo yarn
- Pattern we love for bulky hats: Favorite Ribbed Cap by Laurie Kimmelstiel - Melissa made one of these a couple Christmases ago and had enough to make a pom pom too!
- This Aspen Slouch Kit is actually made with Blue Sky Fibers Worsted Tweed but has enough yardage to get two hats out of in opposing color combos - keep one for yourself or knock out two gifts in one go!
For Little Ones
- Appalachian Cotton Baby Bear Cardigan or Blanket Kits
- Baby Gradient Blanket Kits - these are bamboo and cotton and so soft for a baby!
- Socks are a classic handmade gift!
- Patterns we like:
- Rose City Rollers by Mary Catherine Bryner (fingering)
- Chuchmouse Classics Basic Sock by Churchmouse Yarns (fingering or a DK)
- Yarns we love for socks: Opal Yarn, Copper Corgi Savannah Sock has the loveliest twist, or snag an Urth Uneek Sock Kit (they even have a red and green holiday colorway!)
- Plus we have some of our local dyer KnitWise Fibers's green & red holiday colorway back in stock in her Floofy DK base - perfect for quick festive DK socks!
Knit a Gnome!
- Gnome Bundles made up of three Emma's mini skeins have returned to the shop in both holiday themed colorways and more classic gnome-y color combos
- Copy Cadence and make the pattern All Work, Gnome Play or peruse Sara Schira's other gnome patterns (there's lots to choose from!)
One Skein Wonder Shawls
- Melissa recently made used Pashmina a sport cashmere/silk blend in a gorgeous red color ("Tart") to make this Sunburnt Shawl that would be festive for this time of year!
- Reyna by Noora Backlund (using fingering weight)
- Sonoya by Tamy Gore (fingering)
- Storm Shawl by Joji Locatelli (fingering)
- Gossamer by Janina Kallio (fingering)
- Cadence's own Crescent City Shawl uses one Feederbrook Entropy (or any DK you like)
A Sweater, if you must!
- Ranunculus by Midori Hirose is a quick moving sweater using 2-3 skeins of virtually whatever yarn you like, so if you're set on a sweater even late in the game, this may be the one!
- These Dishcloth Kits pair our Knit or Crochet Dishcloths Book with three balls of Wool and the Gang Shiny Happy Cotton (we have two different yarn color options too)
- Melissa made a bunch of these as small handmade presents last year! Quick and mindless knitting!
Gifts Worthy of a Knitter
Gifts for knitter friends or...to put on your list!
New Project Bags are always a welcome treat!
- Tassel Project Bag from Prickly Owl Co.
- Our Fuzzy Tote - Madelyn thinks this is the BEST tote and she loves a tote!
- Magner Co Bags
- Della Q Bags
- ORI Fanny Pack - for the always traveling/hiking knitters!
A Complete Notions Bag (with all the notions you need already compiled together in one place) is perfect for a new knitter especially
Keep Collection No. 1 & 2 for organizing all the things
Interchangeable Needle Sets so you're never at a loss for a the size needle you need (this is the ultimate gift in many ways)
Kits to introduce you to a new craft:
- Embroidery Kits
- Felting Kits - holiday edition!
- Faux Taxidermy Kits (add a red nose to the deer and you've got a sweet knitted Rudolph!)
For the Gift-Worthy
It might not be humanly possible to knit for everyone, but maybe you still want something special, even handmade.
- Crocheted ornaments handmade in Armenia
- Felted ornaments handmade in Nepal
We have ethical wool you can wear (that you just didn't happen to make yourself)
- Alpaca Wraps
- Cashmere Scarves with fun pom poms!
- Cashmere Ponchos
Stuffed Bears - not just for children (though they do love them too of course)! Made from alpaca!
If you have newborns you love but haven't quite finished a handmade blanket for them yet, these Comfort Blankets are a good way to still give to new parents and little ones with love!
Dryer Balls make a great stocking stuffer!
Potholder Looms + extra Loops - it's a classic for a reason! Great for your young makers.
Nativity Sets from Handspun Hope, one of our favorite ethical co's to support
Hand-woven baskets from Africa for a cozy home
- Holiday themed ones (we love the reindeer!)
- These spell out Peace and Joy
- Or the classic rainbow pom poms
Happy Holidays!! Love,
The Fuzzy Team!