The Billie **pre-order**
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- outside zipper pocket, big enough for important notions
- squishability; we wanted texture to the fabric and also wanted to be able to squish down into our larger totes/backpacks
- big enough for several cakes of yarn
- the right cinch, the right cord, easy on your wrist to pull tight and closes nicely
- a light-ish, smooth cotton, lining, to see what you need inside
- 3 pockets inside for more notions, including 2 narrow ones for your awesome tool or pen
- a handle that lets you grab it easily, hold it on your arm, 6" drop, and still be able to open the bag up wide
- the all-important gusset, a rectangular bottom! 15" across, 9.5" tall, 6" deep
And back to Jenny, who guided us to a local-ish fabric printer. Chris and Eric in Panama City, Florida sent us a booklet of fabric options so that we could feel, squish, and hold the outside and the lining together, until we had just what we wanted. We chose a linen cotton blend for the outside and cotton for the inside. Then, right when we were hoping for a holiday delivery, their machine needed repair 🤦♀️. But what I tell all our makers, "it will be fine, we will love them when they arrive, we want our items filled with joy and not stress." After all, these are small makers who are counting on our small orders to make it through their year, we want them to be around!
This bag also boasts a very small carbon footprint, having traveled only 125 miles so far in printing the fabric and sewing the design. 🚚. Ilona, our illustrator is in Europe, all of that work was done digitally 💻
How I'm kitting mine out . . .