Stitch of the Month: Building Blocks ClassRegular price $30.00
This is an in-person class at Fuzzy Goat! Please review our covid policies below and other class policies before enrolling
Third Saturdays from 10-11
“Building Blocks” is a series of fun patterns that will build your knitting skills. Starting with simple knit and purl stitches, your confidence will grow as you progress through several major knitting principles. Each block focuses on new stitches and techniques in a sequential fashion that “builds” upon the previously learned skill. You are welcome to join the series in any month. At the end of the series, the knitter is rewarded with an abundance of knitting know-how and beautiful squares to assemble into a sampler afghan, baby blanket, pillows or anything limited only by your imagination! You can make just one block and build a blanket around it or make a single pillow.
Time: One 1-hour class; enroll in these individually at $30.00 each.
Level 2 Angora: ready to add to your staple skills, have been practicing knitting and purling or chaining and ready to read a pattern
Skills you need:
- Long-tail cast-on (or come by before class for a quick lesson). Here’s a from our friends at Wool and the Gang
- A sense of adventure!
Skills you will learn:
- A variety of new stitches!
- Worsted weight yarn, we recommend Spud & Chloe’s Sweater for washability, or Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Worsted or Stonehedge Fibers Shepherd’s Wool for a classic afghan.
- US 8-10 needles
- Stitch markers
- Building Blocks Book, by Michelle Hunter
- You will get to the fun stuff quicker if you have cast on (using the long-tail cast on) and knitted your border as specified in the book.
Ladanya Ramirez Surmeier first learned to knit with a friend, but only knew the two main stitches for many years. After taking the Building Blocks series she gained the confidence to take on more challenging projects. She loves knitting lace patterns because they are nice and airy. She is making sweaters now!
IN-SHOP CLASS COVID POLICIES
Masks in class are required due to close proximity of everyone at the class table.